To decrease the chances of getting infected by the West Nile Virus, the health department recommends the "four Ds" which can help the people.
The Will and DuPage County health departments said the women sought treatment after becoming ill this month.
The health department said fewer than one percent of individuals exposed to the virus will develop more severe infections, with symptoms such as headache, high fever, neck stiffness, stupor, disorientation, coma, tremors, convulsions, muscle weakness, and paralysis.
Although, the risk of contracting the virus is low in some cases and sometime symptoms may be mild and the same as the flu also.
Several areas in Ouachita Parish recently tested positive for West Nile virus in Ouachita Parish. Clarksburg is not alone in finding the presence of the West Nile virus; Pittsfield announced the discovery of its second positive batch of 2018 last week. "We are encouraging Ohioans to take precautions to avoid mosquito bites, including by eliminating potential breeding sites around their homes, in order to prevent mosquito-borne diseases like West Nile virus".
The number of human West Nile cases in Maryland has varied over time, according to health department.
Symptoms: (Information from Austin Public Health) • Fever • Headache • Tiredness • Body aches • Skin rash (on the trunk of the body) • Swollen lymph glands. About one out of 150 infected people develop a serious, sometimes fatal, illness.
The Berkshire Mosquito Control Project will continue its efforts to reduce the mosquito population in the area with the use of larvicide, according to Superintendent Chris Horton. Always follow the package directions when using repellents.
Doors - Make sure doors and windows are in good repair and fit tightly, and fix torn or damaged screens to keep mosquitoes out of the house.
- The blood moon lunar eclipse
- Blood Moon: When and where you can see it
- Public Service Commission revokes Charter merger agreement with Time Warner Cable
- Serena claims discrimination over drug tests
- US economy surges to 4.1 percent growth rate in second quarter
- Brief glimpse of 'blood moon' over Lapland
- More brands dump Sondos Alqattan as Kuwait social media star remains defiant
- J.Crew's sales soar as Meghan Markle wears £45 clutch bag
- Longest lunar eclipse of the century on Friday
- New law allows victims of domestic violence in New Zealand paid leave