The best visibility will be in Africa and Asia. "The next total lunar eclipse that will last that long will not occur until 2123", he noted. But longest lunar eclipse is technically not great, because you can't see the eclipse moving.
The eclipse will be the longest of the 21st Century so far.
With scientists recently announcing the exciting discovery of a "lake" hidden below ice on Mars' south pole, the Red Planet is seemingly capitalizing on the exciting news by coming closer to Earth than it has in 15 years.
It depends partly on "how cloudy or transparent those parts of the Earth's atmosphere are which enable sunlight to reach the moon", he told AFP.
How do lunar eclipses take place and why don't they happen more often?
"You could use a telescope but, to be frank, it will be just as dramatic to watch it without aids as the red moon slowly rises in the sky over Britain and the shadow of the Earth passes from its surface".
A super blood moon in Malmö in 2015. Friday's blood moon won't be as big
The Executive Director of TNSTC, Soundararajan Perumal said, "This time the moon will be at a distance of 4,60,000, so it's called micro moon as it will be slightly diminished".
"It starts with a partial eclipse at 7:24 p.m".
At 12.19am, the moon will be out of the earth's umbral shadow and the observable eclipse will be over.
In the United Kingdom the partial eclipse will begin at 8.30pm, the total eclipse will occur between 9.20pm with the moon visible to the south-east, until 10.13pm.
No protective eyewear is needed and the eclipsed moon will be visible in large parts of Europe and South America between sunset and midnight, as well as much of Asia and Australia, between midnight and sunrise on Saturday.
Stargazers in Northern Ireland could miss out on a rare opportunity to catch a glimpse of the lunar eclipse when it appears on Friday. The sky was clear enough to give them ideal views of a lovely sunrise, but cloud on the opposite horizon blocked views of the moon.
From 9.30pm to 11.13pm, the moon will be totally eclipsed.
- Will Dundonians see rare blood moon tonight?
- Five charged over acid attack on young boy in Worcester, UK
- Trump 'open' to visiting Moscow for meeting with Putin
- Free MAC lipstick for National Lipstick Day 2018
- Gwyneth Paltrow Slams Rumor That She's Beyonce's 'Becky With The Good Hair'
- Samsung leaks the Galaxy Watch on their own website
- Putin Ready To Invite Trump To Russia, Visit DC 'If Appropriate'
- Disney's Acquisition of Fox Approved by Shareholders
- Deadline to file Income Tax Returns extended till August 31
- Chelsea want this highly-rated goalkeeper if Courtois leaves