The company says it is conducting this recall as a precaution, based on the ingredient supplier's recall.
The Ritz Bitz and Goldfish recalls applied to all of Canada, while the Uncle Ben's products were recalled only in eastern Canada.
The CDC's investigation is still ongoing.
"There might have been products in the United States and they're going to deal with that". No other Pepperidge Farm products in the USA are subject to this recall. They offer a reimbursement on their website.
Pepperidge Farms recalled four types of Goldfish Crackers due to the chance the powder used in the seasoning contained Salmonella. A public statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb explained that Associated Milk Producers Inc. supplied the possibly tainted whey powder that may have been used in 16 varieties of Ritz crackers, four kinds of Goldfish crackers, and Swiss rolls distributed under the Baker's Treat, Mrs. Freshley's, Market Square, and Great Value brands.
Acting Deputy Director of the DCCA, Margaret Campbell Leslie, said the department, which is charged with the protection of consumers, is advising all individuals not to eat any of the above-mentioned products and to return them to the entity from which they were purchased for refunds.
This is the latest food company to issue a recall associated with Salmonella this year.
Those with questions or concerns over the recall can contact the company at 800-679-1791.
Live poultry in backyard flocks are linked to several multistate outbreaks of salmonella infections that have now sickened 212 people in 44 states, federal health officials warned Monday.
Symptoms of Salmonella include diarrhea, fever, and stomach cramps that occur 12 to 72 hours after being exposed and the illness usually lasts 4 to 7 days.
- Game of Thrones finale in 'first half' of 2019
- Toronto shooting: Julianna Kozisl, 10, killed in Greektown massacre identified by police
- House Conservatives File to Impeach Rod Rosenstein
- Erectile Dysfunction Drug Trial Involving Pregnant Women Stopped After 11 Newborns Die
- Asus, Denon & Marantz, Philips and Pioneer fined by EU
- Western Wall stone crashes down in Jerusalem - Newspaper
- Donald Trump strikes deal with European Union to prevent trade war
- Cohen Tapes Erase Attorney-Client Privilege, 'Indication of a Fraud'
- Fiat Chrysler chooses Jeep exec Mike Manley to replace ailing CEO Marchionne
- Sen. Jeff Merkley: North Korea is 'playing its normal game' with Trump