"Six victims have been transported to trauma centres, 1 to a pediatric trauma centre and two to local hospitals while an unconfirmed number of people are being treated at the scene", City News Toronto reports.
Multiple people have reportedly been shot in the Canadian city of Toronto.
Witnesses say they heard more than a dozen shots ring out in what is a busy restaurant strip about 10pm local time (12.30pm AEST).
According to paramedics quoted in local news reports, the crime scene covers several blocks.
"Victims are spread across many blocks".
The shooter is dead, police have told CP24.
A child is also thought to be among the victims.
Witnesses in the area reported hearing shots fired near the Brass Taps Pizza Pub.
Streets in the area have been closed while police and other emergency services respond to the incident.
The TTC says subway trains are bypassing Chester station due to the police activity in the area.
- Kisner shines at baked Carnoustie as McIlroy, Rahm and Thomas loom
- Ritz Products with Cheese Recalled Over Salmonella Fears
- Blitzboks' World Cup dream ends with England thrashing
- Armed Suspect Barricaded With Hostages Inside Trader Joe’s — LAPD
- Mesut Ozil Citing 'Racism', Quits Germany After World Cup Debacle
- Dennis Schroder seemingly approves of trade to Thunder
- Trump responds to Cohen taping: 'Your favourite president did nothing wrong'
- 6ix9ine hospitalized after reportedly being pistol-whipped, kidnapped and robbed
- Former Indiana University star Yogi Ferrell reconsidering Dallas Mavericks deal, report says
- Ritz recall: Certain snacks recalled due to salmonella concerns