He has been at Roma for two years and played 37 Serie A games in 2017-18.
"I'm really happy, it's a dream come true to wear such a prestigious shirt for a club of this size that is used to always winning", the Brazil worldwide told Liverpoolfc.com upon putting pen to paper. Alisson, who only made his debut for Roma this season, has probably been the most in-demand keeper this summer. "He has meanwhile a lot of experience in the last few years, in Europe and in Rome, he's played there on an outstandingly high level and he did the same at the World Cup".
With the arrival of Alisson, the futures of Loris Karius and Simon Mignolet at Liverpool appear under threat, but Klopp gave nothing away about whether they will leave. Much to everyone's surprise, they ended up paying a fee of £65 million to bring the Brazil keeper to Anfield - making him the most expensive goalkeeper of all-time.
The 25-year-old had always been linked with a move to the Anfield club since the end of last season, with the Reds unhappy with their goalkeeping options at the time.
"The full package is just good", the coach added.
It is hard to divorce goalkeeping statistics from the defences they play behind, so it is not worth stewing over clean sheets or goals conceded. We have everything we need for the next season, because I don't think we will do anything more [in the market]. Playing against them a year ago in the Champions League, I was able to experience that atmosphere and that game had an influence on me.
Liverpool's defence markedly improved last season, conceding the fewest amount of goals (38) in a single campaign since 2009/10.
Referring to the fee paid by Liverpool, Klopp said: "I think it's something we have to do".
On whether or not he cut his holiday short, the Brazilian said: "Yes, I did cut them short a bit but I was immensely satisfied to do so, to make this dream come true and take the next step in my career".
Given the Brazilian's underlying statistics at Roma, however, Alisson could threaten de Gea's status as the go-to premium goalkeeping option - and costs half a million less.
- Who’s Thrilled With The Helsinki Summit, Besides Russia? Israel
- Trump Fed critique sends dollar lower
- Australia: Unemployment rate stays at 5.4% in June - TDS
- Whoopi Goldberg loses cool when confronted by Judge Jeanine
- Trump, Putin discussed Syria crisis, returning refugees: Pompeo
- White House: Discussions underway for possible Putin visit this fall
- Sony Reveals New Spider-Man Limited Edition ‘Amazing Red’ PS4 Pro Bundle
- Neymar makes startling revelations regarding his Real Madrid move
- Pres. Trump, Melania Trump mourn fallen Secret Service agent
- Fox News Parts Ways With 'The Five' Co-Host Kimberly Guilfoyle