Margaret Reynolds, 67, from London, was relaxing at Jersey Shore on Monday afternoon when strong winds caused a metal umbrella to pierce her ankle.
A tourist was impaled with a beach umbrella at a beach in Seaside Heights, New Jersey, July 16, 2018.A tourist was impaled with a beach umbrella at a beach in Seaside Heights, New Jersey, July 16, 2018.
A British woman was impaled by a beach umbrella and had to be freed with a bolt cutter, according to police in the US. This lady had an umbrella go through her leg 5 feet away from me!
"T$3 hen out of nowhere this gust of wind comes and multiple umbrellas get knocked over while one of them hits the woman", Mr Zepeda said. One of the corners of a random one went through her f****** leg!
To free her, Rumbolo cut the stretcher, the part of the umbrella that connects to the frame, Korman said.
Emergency workers were called to the beach at about 4.30pm on Monday.
"It had to be cut with bolt cutters in order to move her and take her to the hospital", Mr Zepeda said.
Authorities have offered no further details about Ms Reynolds' condition.
- Ryanair flight loses cabin pressure, 33 hospitalised
- Iraqi top security body warns of security risks in peace rallies
- Why Beyoncé and Jay Z's Paris Concert Was The Most Iconic Yet
- Trump to redesign Air Force One to be 'red, white and blue'
- Liverpool stage world-record bid for Alisson
- Chennai: Class VII girl raped by 22 for 7 months, 18 held
- Obama slams politicians for 'utter loss of shame'
- Death rates from heart failure higher for women than men
- Hi-res render of Galaxy Note 9 surfaces: yellow stylus, blue phone
- Theresa May Rules Out 2nd Brexit Referendum 'Under Any Circumstance'