Veteran TV and film actress Rita Bhaduri has died at the age of 62 after being in a hospital a week ago. He wrote, "We deeply regret to inform you that Reeta Bhaduri has departed for her journey beyond". The funeral rites will be held on July 17, Tuesday 12 noon at the Cremation Ground, Parsi Wada Road, Parshiwada, Chakala, Andheri East. The actress was hospitalised for nearly 10 days as she suffered from a kidney ailment.
With a career spanning over five decades, Rita played important supporting parts in movies like Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, Kya Kehna, Dil Vil Pyar Vyar and Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon.
Bhaduri has also acted in several television shows such as Doordarshan's Chunauti (1987-1988), Amaanat (1997-2002), Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan (2002-2009) and Choti Bahu - Sinduur Bin Suhagan (2010-2012). She became one of the leading supporting actors in the 1970s, and is fondly remembered as Julie's best friend in the hit film Julie (1975). Currently, she was seen as a grandmother in a TV show titled Nimki Mukhiya in Star Bharat's TV. Her condition was not good.
Born in 1955, the actor was also associated with Gujarati Film Industry. "I was so not prepared for the news this morning". More than a co-actor, she was a great human being. She has pampered me a lot. She was a wonderful woman, with a bright heart, very practical from the mind and full of positive spirit. We use to be like a family on the sets.
- Sacha Baron Cohen fools Republicans into filming ad about arming toddlers
- Google Phone app forwards spam calls to voicemail
- Apple’s iPhone emoji update includes a kangaroo and red hair options
- Journalist bravely confronts Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
- Usain Bolt in talks with A-League club Central Coast Mariners
- Rhys Hoskins to compete in MLB Home Run Derby on Monday
- Netflix plunges 14% after it misses expectations on revenue and subscriber additions
- Syria rebels begin evacuating 'cradle' of uprising in Daraa
- Michelle Obama Dances With Beyoncé’s Mom at Paris Concert
- MLB Home Run Derby: How to watch, when it starts and more