While we'd seen Jodie Whittaker's Doctor in action at the end of the last season's finale and in her announcement trailer the first teaser for the next season gives us a look at the new companions friends she'll be traveling with. and some weird ghost shimmery stuff.
In a sense, these visual cues seem to be saying one thing loud and clear: if you stopped watching Doctor Who in 2013, that's okay, because this new season will basically pick up right where the vibe of that version of the show left off. Check out Whitacker's first Doctor Who teaser in the player below and the gallery and look out for the series to return later this year. But I firmly believe Doctor Who is changing for the better. She is the first woman to take on the role of the Time Lord. Whittaker will be joined by co-stars Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole, Mandip Gill in a season that will be spearheaded by new series showrunner, Chris Chibnall.
The new season of Doctor Who will air this fall on the BBC. But wait! One mysterious visitation from the Doctor later and there's a brand new pizza filling the box.
BBC YOUTUBE The Chase host Bradley Walsh will play Graham in the new series of Doctor Who
The 35-year-old actress, who starred in Broadchurch as Danny Latimer's grieving mother, was unveiled as something of a surprise choice to play the 13th Doctor in the long-running British sci-fi series Doctor Who in July during the Wimbledon final. The fast-moving Gallifreyan steals a sausage from Ryan's breakfast, replaces Yasmin's missing pizza and swipes Graham's newspaper for a children's magazine.
With many months to go before Doctor Who officially debuts the new gang on television, however, fans will have to subsist on the World Cup teaser and any other morsels that may pop up from its planned appearance at the 2018 San Diego Comic-Con. "I'm really excited to see what happens".
- Fantastic new 'Stranger Things' promo offers tour of Hawkins's very '80s mall
- Hulk Hogan 'hugged and cheered' by wrestlers following WWE return
- Bruce Willis Says 'Die Hard Isn't A Christmas Movie
- Republicans back arming toddlers in Sacha Baron Cohen's hoax
- Helsinki summit: Trump condemns Russian Federation probe after Putin talks
- Team of the Fifa World Cup
- England vs India: Fans boo Dhoni at the Lord's
- Alexis Sánchez misses the start of Manchester United’s American tour
- France Celebrates Soccer World Cup Triumph
- Donald Trump opens up about his conversation with the Queen