Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao is a world champion again.
Pacquiao (60-7-2) looked like the Pac-Man of old with his unorthodox style of striking. Replay of the "Fight of Champions: Pacquiao versus Matthysse" will also air on GMA Sunday Night Box Office (SNBO) at 10:30 p.m.
"I would like to congratulate Senator Manny Pacquiao for giving us pride and bringing the Filipino nation together once more", Duterte said.
Pacquiao is challenging "The Machine" Matthysse for the World Boxing Association welterweight belt tomorrow, knowing defeat could lower the curtain on one of the greatest careers in boxing history.
Speaking of American TV companies, if you're in the States tonight and you want to watch it you're only option is a Pacquiao vs Matthysse live stream.
Pacquiao first knocked down the big-puncher from Argentina in the third round of a devastating display and when he sent him crashing down for a third time in the seventh round referee Kenny Bayless stepped in to stop the contest.
"It's most hard to be fighting Manny Pacquiao", he said.
With the win. Pacquiao total haul is now 60 wins with 39 knockouts, seven losses, and two draws. "This win will surely cement, yet again, your position and legacy in boxing's Hall of Fame", the President said.
Moruti Mthalane from KwaZulu Natal in South Africa got off the canvas to take home the vacant International Boxing Federation flyweight title by outpointing Waseem Muhammad, who was bidding to become Pakistan's first ever world champion.
- Teen Airlifted After Possibly Bitten By Shark At Playalinda Beach
- Pacquiao beware! I’m going home with my belt, says Matthysse
- Trump hails 'tremendous progress' on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation defence spending
- Justin Bieber & Hailey Baldwin Are Apparently Keen On A Small Wedding
- Reality Treatment Helps to Overcome Fear of Height: Study Says
- Zim opposition supporters deliver petition to electoral commission
- Sri Lanka beat South Africa
- Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton to Make First Solo Appearance Together
- Djokovic outlasts Nadal in classic Wimbledon semifinal
- "From impossible to inevitable": Developers give first look at new flying auto