After she was made top ugly dog, her family said: "We are so excited for her; she deserves this".
The nine-year-old canine died in her sleep Tuesday morning, owner Megan Brainard of Anoka, Minnesota told USA media.
The dog mum said she named Zsa Zsa after the Hungarian actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, as the pup enjoyed lounging on the couch "like a lovely model". When her body was returned to his owner's house on the same day, Brainard, her husband Jesse and 15-month-old daughter Mareslie held an intimate farewell ceremony for the English bulldog. "I haven't even processed her winning and fame". "We were all saying our goodbyes". She bested 13 other dogs to claim the top spot. Just like her socialite namesake, the World's Ugliest Dog title holder was used to being photographed. Brainard took him a year later. She was purchased by a rescue group after spending the first five years of her life in a Missouri puppy mill.
Brainard, who won $1,500 for Zsa Zsa's victory, said she found the dog - named after the late actress Zsa Zsa Gabor - on a pet-finding site, according to the contest bio. Brainard became Zsa Zsa's owner after seeing the English bulldog on PetFinder.com.
- 'We are not heroes', says United Kingdom diver involved in Thai cave rescue
- Crowning glory for Netflix with Emmy nomination success
- SC slams Centre for "lethargy" in protecting Taj Mahal
- Trump claims NATO victory after ultimatum to go it alone
- Chelsea announce Conte departure
- Dan Martin ends 5-year wait for second Tour win
- Wimbledon 2018 -- Kevin Anderson wins men's semifinal match
- Endurance man Anderson downs Isner in ultra marathon to reach final
- Russian Federation complains FYROM being sucked into North Atlantic Treaty Organisation by force
- Real Madrid Release Statement On Links With Neymar