Neymar, who scored twice at the World Cup in Russian Federation, was already believed to be in the club's sights prior to Ronaldo's shock decision to pursue a new opportunity. I don't know if it was because of the operation he had on his foot or another problem, but I saw him as quite limited on the pitch. To arrive at a World Cup following an operation and three months out is complicated.
Brazil fell 2-1 to Belgium in the quarterfinal stage with Neymar, who came into the tournament still recovering from March 3 surgery on his foot, unable to make the difference for his side.
Recently, Brazilian legend Ronaldo has hit out at Neymar saying that he expected more from the superstar footballer in the world cup.
"He must learn from this World Cup because at 26 he is still a young boy", said the 2002 champion.
"We all expected more from him because he's the star of the team".
Ever since Neymar moved to Paris Saint-Germain last summer, rumours that his move to Paris was merely a pit stop on his journey to Real Madrid have refused to disappear.
"I believe Neymar is the best to cover the loss, of all the players who have been at the World Cup, Neymar is the one who brings all that Madrid need, both talking about football and image".
"That also happened to me, I felt that I was treated unfairly when I was kicked and they wouldn't blow the whistle".
"He risks too much looking for yellow cards, he needs to take more advantage of his negative energy and be a little clever".
- Russian Federation complains FYROM being sucked into North Atlantic Treaty Organisation by force
- At least 70 people, including Balochistan Awami Party candidate, killed in blast
- Bend is home to last Blockbuster in US
- Jose Mourinho Praises Manchester United Target
- Archaeologists discover ancient temple hidden inside Aztec-era pyramid in Mexico
- Trump claims NATO victory after ultimatum to go it alone
- Maryland Among Worst States For Retirement — Bankrate Survey
- China Reaches Top 20 in Global Innovation Index
- MP Michael Fabricant accused of racism after tweeting Sadiq Khan cartoon
- Trump accused of trying to bully Europe into buying US LNG