Lithuanian-born sculptor Aspencrow has developed the life-sized statue, titled Atlas, and will present it to the UFC star for his 30th birthday on July 14.
Edgar, known as Aspencrow, told the BBC he had been inspired by McGregor's "strong character". I know Conor is anxious to fight.
In an interview with Anatomy of A Fighter (via MMA Fighting), UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov said that he thinks that the victor of Dustin Poirier vs. Eddie Alvarez at UFC on FOX 28 (on July 28) should get the next title shot.
"He is a phenomenon of our time - not just a smart athlete", Askelovic said. "It's normal that someone made a decision to immortalise him in this way".
The current UFC lightweight champion is slowly but surely preparing to defend his strap this fall and has a few names in mind for his next potential title defense but they are not the clear-cut names you might think of due to the fact that McGregor and GSP are now not available due to various issues.
His first professional boxing bout on 26 August past year saw him stopped in the 10th round by Floyd Mayweather.
Aspencrow admitted he had neither met nor spoken to McGregor directly, communicating instead via one of the fighter's friends.
Khabib Nurmagomedov has listed a few names that he would fight next if he can't battle it out with Conor McGregor or Georges St-Pierre.
McGregor, who turns 30 on Saturday, will reportedly receive the statue at the end of September after it spends a couple of months on display in London. "I feel he's my soulmate". The two versions will be unveiled at Mayfair's JD Malat Gallery on July 14 and will eventually be sold. Without bus, without other things, we just have to fight but I don't think the UFC can make the decision about this fight.
- Real Madrid Release Statement On Links With Neymar
- Russian Federation complains FYROM being sucked into North Atlantic Treaty Organisation by force
- Israel gets set to land spacecraft on the moon
- The Rock reveals why he's delaying his USA presidential bid
- Conte leaves Chelsea after two seasons
- SC slams Centre for "lethargy" in protecting Taj Mahal
- China Reaches Top 20 in Global Innovation Index
- Maryland Among Worst States For Retirement — Bankrate Survey
- Chelsea announce Conte departure
- Archaeologists discover ancient temple hidden inside Aztec-era pyramid in Mexico