A Fiat Chrysler Automobiles union in the south of the country called for a strike to protest the purchase of the star player by Juventus Football Club, which, like the carmaker, is owned by the Agnelli family.
Ronaldo joins Juve after nine trophy-laden years at Real Madrid.
Colombia midfielder Juan Cuadrado says he is happy to give up his Juventus No 7 shirt to the Italian champions' new signing and five-time Ballon d'Or victor Cristiano Ronaldo.
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have each won the Ballons d'Or five times each.
According to Sky Italy sources, the 33-year-old Ronaldo will also attend an interview session in his first official press conference since quitting the Los Blancos for the Serie A outfit.
"I think it's a big challenge for him but he's going to a huge club". Real Madrid, Man United and Juventus.
"He's obsessed at being better than Messi". I did it with Portugal.'. So maybe that will be his argument when people ask: "'Is Ronaldo better than Messi?'".
Ryan Giggs has spent a considerable amount of time with the five-time Ballon d'Or victor and knows him personally and, therefore, his words carry some weight. But they've made a decision to rebuff rumours of a Neymar offer yet again, due to the talk intensifying over the last few days, in the wake of Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Juventus. Have your say in the comment section below.
- Ousted Pakistani PM Sharif, daughter arrested after arriving home
- Congress to Trump: Cancel Putin summit after new Mueller indictments
- Dan Martin ends 5-year wait for second Tour win
- Trump renews war of words with London's Muslim mayor
- Crowning glory for Netflix with Emmy nomination success
- Chelsea announce Conte departure
- Putin hosts aide to Iran's supreme leader amid Syria talks
- Adobe Reportedly Bringing Full Photoshop to the iPad
- Meghan Markle wears Dior for the first time
- 'We are not heroes', says United Kingdom diver involved in Thai cave rescue