As Elizabeth waited for Trump's arrival, she glanced at her watch.
Trump and the Queen then inspected the troops from the Coldstream Guards and he kept putting out his hand to urge her to go ahead, to step up onto the grass first, to climb the steps back onto the dias.
He arrived at Windsor after a morning spent visiting Britain's royal military academy at Sandhurst and held talks with Prime Minister Theresa May at her country residence, Chequers.
President Donald Trump took a break from his sparring with U.S. allies and the press to enjoy one of diplomacy's oldest traditions.
His four-day trip to Britain is not a state visit - with the formal trappings of a carriage procession and certain banquets - but it bears numerous hallmarks, including time with the head of state.
Mr Trump, who is known for clasping visitors' hands and pulling them towards him, shook the monarch's hand briefly, and did not bow at the same time.
Trump then took a turn with the Queen to inspect the Guard before the whole party headed inside for afternoon tea.
The couple eventually arrived and were greeted by the queen before the Band of the Coldstream Guards performed the USA national anthem. And while the greeting looked polite, some viewers were left shocked that Trump and his wife had not bowed to the Queen.
"For so many years she has represented her country, she has really never made a mistake".
"You could see that suppressed dominance where he felt that he had to still motion to her". "Mary Jo Jacobi, a former aide to President Ronald Reagan, told CNBC's "Squawk Box Europe", that "[Trump] has already won, he is meeting with the queen and his lifelong wish has been meeting with the Her Majesty so from his personal perspective it is a win already".
"She nearly had to dance around him", Ms James said. "She has got a great and handsome grace about her", he added.
The official royal website states: "There are no obligatory codes of behaviour when meeting The Queen or a member of the Royal Family". Buckingham Palace said no other royals will be meeting him at Windsor.
Trump has previously spoken about Prince William's wife Kate and his late mother Diana.
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 multiplayer beta start dates revealed
- Crowning glory for Netflix with Emmy nomination success
- Trump renews war of words with London's Muslim mayor
- Stormy Daniels arrested at strip club, lawyer says
- North Korea's Kim Sends Auspicious Letter to Trump, Floats Another Meeting
- Juventus reveals when Ronaldo will be unveiled
- Ireland to Boycott Israeli Settlement Goods
- Lines Close Early After Run On Build-A-Bear Workshop Special
- Co-pilot smoking e-cigarette behind cabin pressure fall on Air China plane
- U.S. Government To Appeal Judge's Approval Of AT&T-Time Warner Deal