"I'm sorry with Manchester City because we reached an agreement for Jorginho 15 days ago", De Laurentiis is quoted as saying by Sky Sport Italia.
Now that a deal has been done for Sarri, Conte and his coaching staff have been sacked by Chelsea.
The protracted saga over whether or not Antonio Conte will stay at Stamford Bridge appears to be over. It's all in the hands of lawyers.
"I'd agreed a deal with them a fortnight ago, resolving various issues, but the player prefers London to Manchester and I can understand him, and then Chelsea are going to pay him more so I can understand him even more and I can't do anything about it".
Meanwhile, for Jorginho - Brazilian-born Italy worldwide - he was close to joining Pep Guardiola's Manchester City earlier, but Chelsea's interest and the player's preference of moving to London spoiled City's party.
Owner Roman Abramovich has risked paying Conte his full £9million compensation bill with the Italian ready to take a year out if no big jobs become available.
Sarri will now be confirmed as Conte's successor after Chelsea finally made a breakthrough with Napoli over his release. The Italian global was integral in their Scudetto bid in 2017/18 only to be narrowly be beaten out by serial champions Juventus once again, but could be imperative in bringing Jorginho to Stamford Bridge instead of the Etihad.
It was a great contrast to his first year in England, when he took Chelsea from a tenth place finish the previous season, to the title in dominant fashion.
He can operate in a variety of different midfield roles thanks to his work-rate, and accuracy of passing but is generally seen as a creator.
Chelsea have also been in talks to sign midfielder Aleksandr Golovin from CSKA Moscow, defender Daniele Rugani from Juventus and goalkeeper Alisson Becker from Roma.
- Meghan Markle wears Dior for the first time
- Wimbledon 2018 -- Kevin Anderson wins men's semifinal match
- Yerry Mina’s Agent: Mina Wants To Stay
- Anderson in Wimbledon final after 2nd longest ever Slam match
- Shaqiri having medical ahead of £13m Liverpool move
- SC slams Centre for "lethargy" in protecting Taj Mahal
- Russian Federation complains FYROM being sucked into North Atlantic Treaty Organisation by force
- Dan Martin ends 5-year wait for second Tour win
- Real Madrid Release Statement On Links With Neymar
- Seven rhinos die after move to new park in Kenya