Maurizio Sarri has been pictured outside Stamford Bridge ahead of his proposed appointment as Chelsea manager.
Chelsea have finally announced that Antonio Conte has left the club after months of speculation surrounding his future.
Will Chelsea secure a return to Champions League football this season?
The Premier League season starts in four weeks' time, leaving clubs much less time than usual to conclude their summer transfer business.
Conte's average of 2.14 points per game in the Premier League is bettered only by Alex Ferguson (2.16) and Guardiola (2.34).
"Thank You Boss", Terry posted on Instagram alongside a photo of the two of them holding the Premier League trophy. "Great man, Great manager".
There was concern at the club that if Conte stayed then star players could try to leave, including Real Madrid target Eden Hazard.
Sarri's future has been up in the air since Napoli hired Carlo Ancelotti as their new coach in May.
Media reports said Conte's departure would take to 85 million pounds the amount Chelsea has spent on paying off sacked managers - nearly the record fee Manchester United paid in 2016 for France midfielder Paul Pogba. The Serie A side, who still have Sarri under contract, have been in discussions with Chelsea to agree on a compensation fee and it is believed that everything has now been concluded.
Understandably, the former Juventus boss did not want to miss out on his £9m Chelsea payoff and returned for pre-season training this week.
- Bend is home to last Blockbuster in US
- Trump claims NATO victory after ultimatum to go it alone
- Seven rhinos die after move to new park in Kenya
- Shaqiri having medical ahead of £13m Liverpool move
- Archaeologists discover ancient temple hidden inside Aztec-era pyramid in Mexico
- Wimbledon 2018 -- Kevin Anderson wins men's semifinal match
- Russian Federation complains FYROM being sucked into North Atlantic Treaty Organisation by force
- MP Michael Fabricant accused of racism after tweeting Sadiq Khan cartoon
- SC slams Centre for "lethargy" in protecting Taj Mahal
- Eradicate rats to bolster coral reefs