As the iPad continues to grow in both capability and the quality of apps that are becoming available for it, Adobe is working on bringing a "full version" of Photoshop to the platform as soon as next year, according to a report by Bloomberg's oft-reliable Mark Gurman.
Adobe Creative Cloud honcho Scott Belsky confirmed to Gurman that work on a multi-platform revision of Photoshop was in progress, but he didn't confirm the timeline that Bloomberg's sources suggested. Now, the company looks ready to unleash the power of Adobe Photoshop on the iPad. That's what a new report has revealed, stating that the move is part of Adobe's new strategy to make its full software compatible across multiple devices (and to further increase its booming subscription sales). Adobe is now developing a full version of Photoshop on the iPad, and the company plans to introduce it at its MAX conference in October. There's a lot required to take a product as sophisticated and powerful as Photoshop and make that work on a modern device like the iPad. "We need to bring our products into this cloud-first collaborative era".
While the news of these plans will be exciting for Photoshop diehards, it's not surprising. As for Adobe, the company is likely hoping to appeal to creative professionals who use Photoshop on their PCs and want a comprehensive mobile version to use when on the go. If so, it'll have to offer tools that will adequately compete with a large selection of photo-editing apps that already provide similar services.
By launching for the iPad, Photoshop could become the single dominant photo editing app on that device as it is for Mac and MacBook users. Right now, Photoshop proper is only available on Windows tablets like Microsoft Surface, which can run the Windows app in a "tablet-optimized" mode.
- Meghan Markle wears Dior for the first time
- Trump meets with Theresa May after candid British tabloid interview
- Endurance man Anderson downs Isner in ultra marathon to reach final
- Ousted Pakistani PM Sharif, daughter arrested after arriving home
- Khabib Nurmagomedov Reveals List Of Possible Fights For Next Title Defense
- Stormy Daniels arrested at strip club, lawyer says
- Chelsea announce Conte departure
- Congress to Trump: Cancel Putin summit after new Mueller indictments
- Super-Mom Serena Williams into 10th Wimbledon final
- At FBI Agent's Hearing, Congressman Shades Republicans Who Also Criticized Trump