The audience erupted in cheers, clearly appreciating an aspiring politician expressing desire to get some kind of experience in public office before trying to lead the entire country.
The Rock acknowledged that his Fate of the Furious co-star "was going through some stuff in his personal life" at the time, per Us Weekly, indicating that Tyrese was less upset at The Rock and more in an emotional spiral due to his custody battle with ex-wife Norma Mitchell. "I think we've squashed that", Johnson said.
While Johnson has spoken about the subject in various interviews, during an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Wednesday night he explained that he has no desire to potentially go up against current U.S. President Donald Trump in 2020 and that he would only be serious about entering politics if he could commit "110%".
The "Late Show" host, who usually dedicates his monologue to making fun of President Donald Trump and other politicians, couldn't resist asking the star of "Skyscraper" if he actually takes the possibility of running for the presidency seriously. "Just to put it into context, the Washington Post posted a story and the gist of it was if I did run I would have a legitimate shot at winning".
"You're known for your eyebrow, I'm known for my eyebrow".
At the end of the chat, Colbert asked Johnson about his Samoan heritage and his singing skills in animated Disney film Moana.
Johnson said he was told about the announcement by someone close to the situation, although he wouldn't reveal who it was. But at the same time, Stephen, I mean look, I'm not delusional at all.
Colbert brought up a tweet Johnson sent out an hour before it was announced that Osama Bin Laden was killed. "I will say, I never looked a man directly in the eye while I sang that".
"To me, there's no need to have a conversation". As for Colbert, you can find him on TV every weeknight.
- Seven rhinos die after move to new park in Kenya
- Trump claims win over North Atlantic Treaty Organisation crisis talks
- Rejoice: We're Getting a DOWNTON ABBEY Movie
- Eric Church Was a 'Desperate Man' After Las Vegas Shooting
- China Reaches Top 20 in Global Innovation Index
- Jose Mourinho Praises Manchester United Target
- FBI agent defiant as Republicans claim bias in Trump investigation
- The REAL Reason Brock Lesnar Wasn't Mentioned On WWE Raw This Week
- Trump adds more confusion to Obamacare
- Yerry Mina’s Agent: Mina Wants To Stay