In a post on Instagram, UFC welterweight Nick Diaz called out light heavyweight and heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier, as well as Brock Lesnar. Mike Johnson from PWInsider reported that we might not see Lesnar for a while so a SummerSlam match is not guaranteed.
As for Lesnar vs Cormier, the tentative date for the heavyweight title fight could be anywhere in January after he is deemed eligible fight as per USADA regulations. If that's the case, he will most certainly be defending his championship.
Fightful Wrestling will continue to update readers on Lesnar's future schedule.
Lesnar is now being advertised for the Raw after SummerSlam at the Barclays Center. At Extreme Rules on Sunday, Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley will face-off, and there's some thought that the victor of that match could go on to face Lesnar.
Later a multi-man number one contender's match was created but canceled when Lesnar's advocate Paul Heyman publicly disagreed with the notion that Lesnar would be competing against a wrestler of WWE's choice. Now Reigns will face Bobby Lashley at Extreme Rules but there were no stakes stated yet.
Ryback is unsure whether Lesnar will hold the WWE Universal Title up until this fight with Cormier, which won't take place for another 6 months or more.
The final WWE match for the "Beast Incarnate" may now be known.
Over the next couple of weeks as WWE sets itself up for SummerSlam and beyond, the Universal Championship picture could change for the first time in over a year.
This is basically a redux of their program ahead of WrestleMania, where Reigns constantly harped on Lesnar's absentee status as a champion, but that didn't work as hoped and ultimately Lesnar retained in brutal, bloody fashion.
- Historic towers at Cape Canaveral launch pad demolished
- Godzilla 2's Spectacular First Image Revealed
- Amesbury poisoning: Novichok source revealed as small bottle
- Sandra Oh first Asian woman to get Emmy nod for lead actress
- In Fiery Interview With British Tabloid, Trump Criticizes Prime Minister, London Mayor
- Europe Is 'Losing Its Culture' Because Of Immigration
- 'First blue whale' caught in 50 years
- Mueller Probe Brings Indictments Of Russians In Election Hacking Of Dems
- Eric Church Was a 'Desperate Man' After Las Vegas Shooting
- Jose Mourinho Praises Manchester United Target