The pilot called 911 when the float equipped de Havilland Canada DHC-3T Turbo Otter seaplane crashed, and Alaska State Troopers alerted the Coast Guard about the crash at 8:45 a.m. local time.
All were rescued. The Coast Guard says all were reported to have received minor injuries.
There are reports the plane was one of the sightseeing flights that are popular in the region.
The pilot was flying from Prince of Wales Island and bound for Ketchikan when the crash occurred, according to the Troopers.
The people were taken to a staging area with emergency personnel on site.
"I think we dodged a bullet in this case", Johnson told Channel 2, recalling a crash in the Ketchikan area in 2015 that killed nine people in the Misty Fjords National Monument Wilderness. "Thankfully, it was a good outcome".
The U.S. Coast Guard rescued 11 passengers on a plane that crashed into an Alaskan mountain Tuesday. Some were taken to a medical center in Ketchikan, but no details about their condition have been released. The survivors chose to get to a hospital located near the city of Ketchikan.
One MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter was already headed to the scene from Air Station Sitka, with another being dispatched.
"We haven't heard of any casualties, no reports of that", said Clint Johnston, chief of Alaska's NTSB office.
A Coast Guard helicopter located the crash site and hoisted the pilot and passengers to safety, U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Charly Hengen said. Johnston said the priority now is to reach the crash site and make sure they're safe. The pilot said all members of the flight have been accounted for though there are several injuries. The extent of those injuries is not yet known.
Hengen said visibility is very poor on the side of Mount Jumbo.
- This Little-Known STD Could Become The 'Next Superbug' Within A Decade
- 'Crazy Rich Asians' Director Plotting His Own Thailand Cave Rescue Movie
- German court says Carles Puigdemont extradition is permissable
- Update your Instagram to use the new Questions sticker
- Sacha Baron Cohen's U.S
- Cairo Explosion: Large Blast Hits Near Egypt Airport, Reports Say
- Charles Oakley arrested in Las Vegas after allegedly cheating at casino
- Actress Mira Sorvino 'gagged with condom' during audition when she was 16
- Emily Ratajkowski Flaunts Her Massive, Two-Stoned Engagement Ring
- Russia Sends Cargo to Space Station With Record Speed