"It's touch and go, and extremely upsetting for everyone who loves him".
Last Thursday, the former Blue Peter presenter updated his 1.47 million Twitter followers about his health, revealing he is in hospital.
Richard was being treated for pneumonia before his condition took a turn for the worse and had to be put into a medically induced coma, a source told the newspaper.
But according to the BBC, his sister has confirmed his condition has worsened and he has had a tracheotomy to help him breathe.
Richard fell ill while he travelled back from the USA and was taken to Lewisham A&E.
Beside the capture, he wrote: "Thank God I got ill in Britain (actually on the way to Britain, was taken off the plane in a wheelchair)". Fuck all the ideology driven politicians who've messed up America's healthcare system.
Richard informed his fans at the time: 'Looks like l've got pneumonia. "Viva the NHS. Happy 70th", he captioned the snap which showed him in a hospital bed.
Richard explained he was at an Emergency Department in London on the NHS's 70th birthday.
Express.co.uk has contacted Richard Bacon's representative for comment. "Although I thought that was for people in their 80s, I'll be here a few days". I hate to miss a party'.
The father-of-two, who said it was a "relief" to be finally be diagnosed, admitted he was causing "pain and chaos" to his family, and was exhausted all the time.
Bacon, who now works for Fox TV in the U.S., is married to Rebecca McFarlane, daughter of Barclays' chairman John, and has two children.
- Donald Trump ready to help some NATO states buy US arms
- Industrial park blast kills at least 19 in China
- Trump says May's Brexit plan could kill hope of United States trade deal
- Jubilant Croatia fans revel in World Cup semi-final win over England
- FDA: Retailers can not legally sell Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal following recall
- Chris Wallace Announces Exclusive Interview With Vladimir Putin Monday After Trump Summit
- Tropical Storm Chris expected to become post-tropical Thursday
- Tyler Perry: "I am not giving away anything on Facebook"
- China chemical plant blast kills 19, injures 12
- Feds Say Mayor De Blasio Crossed Border Illegally