England led after a superb Kieran Trippier free kick five minutes in but they were made pay for their failure to convert further chances by Ivan Perisic's second-half strike and Mario Mandzukic's extra-time victor.
Mourinho's praise of the Inter Milan winger will come as no surprise to many, as the Portuguese coach tried to sign him past year, but United were unable to reach a deal with the Italian side. Fantastic in the air.
"You can only win the header that he won to set up Mandzukic if you're a physically strong player and know how to dominate opposition defenders".
"So for them to go back to their country and take a nation like Croatia to the World Cup final is something incredible".
As new players come in, older players have to move out, and it's easy to identify a few Manchester United footballers who should probably be thinking of moving on.
The summer transfer window is open and managers are working hard on their transfer targets so we'll bring you all the latest gossip from around the globe.
Pogba endured a mixed campaign under Mourinho last season and the Spanish outlet says United are hoping his impressive performances at the World Cup will lead to big-money interest from some of Europe's most powerful clubs.
"It's a great achievement for a country where the league is a minor league and the majority of the players don't play in Croatia but overseas", he said.
Diogo Dalot, a £19 million summer signing from Porto, will also be in the group.
- Sandra Oh first Asian woman to get Emmy nod for lead actress
- 'First blue whale' caught in 50 years
- Will Smith Delivers An Oscar-Worthy Video For The #InMyFeelingsChallenge
- Major League Baseball suspends deal with Papa John's after founder uses n-word
- Rejoice: We're Getting a DOWNTON ABBEY Movie
- Historic towers at Cape Canaveral launch pad demolished
- Epic ups Unreal Marketplace creators’ pay well above industry standard
- Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Reveal First Version-Exclusive Pokemon
- George Clooney looks in pain after motorbike crash
- Eric Church Was a 'Desperate Man' After Las Vegas Shooting