And Lovren claims that he should be recognised as one of the world's best after reaching the Champions League final with Liverpool and now the World Cup final against France, which takes place on Sunday.
"But if we're ready to give our all on the pitch like we did when we played Argentina, if we will be compact, then I don't believe that there will be problems". We've had this weight on our shoulders all the time, and now people will never forget us.
"But I like to challenge these strikers and to show to everyone that I'm one of the best defenders". "I wish we could both be in the final for that game but there is only one victor".
Lovren came in for criticism in the first-half of last season, in particular when he was hooked half-an-hour into a 4-1 defeat by Tottenham at Wembley.
"I really didn't understand these questions, always looking back to where I made some mistakes".
"But whatever, this is what gets me more motivated to work harder and prove everyone wrong, everyone".
And he is delighted that this current Croatian generation have finally lived up to, and now surpassed, the standards of the 1998 team which reached the semi-finals. He deserves, if we win this World Cup, the Ballon d'Or'.
"But we enjoy to play against big teams, as we showed against Argentina, and have nothing to lose".
'We have the chance to do something better, and hopefully we can do it on Sunday.
"He's proud of me and what I've achieved", he said.
"I went through a lot of sh** and now I would say it is coming back".
- Love Island 2018 spoilers! Recoupling revealed with the girls in charge
- Thailand's Tham Luang cave to become museum to showcase boys' rescue
- Donald Trump says North Atlantic Treaty Organisation members will ‘substantially’ increase defence spending
- Kim Jong-un blows off Mike Pompeo to look at potato farm
- Did England attempt to score while Croatia celebrated second goal?
- Donald Trump visit: How Americans living in the United Kingdom feel
- Gareth Southgate says England shed is 'a hard place'
- Historian Jerzy Targalski's Cat Steals Interview Spotlight
- U.S. Can't Reunite All Immigrant Toddlers by Tuesday Deadline
- May clings to power amid Brexit resignation turmoil