Not only will Trump be welcomed by a giant baby balloon in his image, but, thanks to a months-long social media campaign, the British music charts will have an unlikely addition: Green Day's 2004 hit, "American Idiot".
The Facebook campaign to get American Idiot to Number 1 was conceived at the start of Trump's presidency, and went into overdrive when his working visit to the United Kingdom was announced in April. As of Monday, the song was No. 1 on Amazon's best-sellers list, had reached the Top 20 on Britain's official singles chart and had been jumping in and out of the Top 10 and 20 on iTunes' singles chart.
Campaigners are urging people to buy, download and stream the single as many times as possible by tomorrow night.
Green Day's Grammy-nominated hit "American Idiot" is now working itself back into the top of the British music charts - 14 years after its initial release.
The new interest in the 2004 hit across the pond comes as a result of a concerted effort by protesters voicing their displeasure at U.S. President Donald Trump's upcoming visit to the country.
At the top of the midweek chart update is "Three Lions", which was written for the 1996 European Championship, which was held in England. After reports emerged indicating that Trump had gifted Kim Jong Un with a copy of Elton John's song "Rocket Man", Kaine joked that the North Korean leader sent back a copy of "American Idiot".
The campaign to take "American Idiot" to No. 1 this week faces tough competition.
- I am one of the world's best, says Lovren
- Opponents hope a MeToo link will derail Kavanaugh nomination
- Happy 10th Birthday, Apple App Store!
- Reporter reveals how new Arsenal signing was first scouted
- Man with no arms arrested for stabbing Chicago tourist
- England fans react to Croatia goal and match heads into extra time
- London awaits Trump's visit, braces for protests
- Fans in Moscow devastated after England knocked out by Croatia
- FBI’s Strzok Lashes Out at GOP During Hearing
- Donald Trump's bomb-proof £1.5 million 'Beast' limousine