Police are calling on members of the public to behave themselves during and after England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia.
A first World Cup final since 1966 and a showdown with France agonisingly slipped away.
The men's World Cup soccer tournament is down to the final two games.
"They haven't been there for 28 years".
And while defeat is a huge disappointment, many people have marked the occasion by celebrating the historic showing by Gareth Southgate's team. And put in a performance.
"Until five or six years ago I was bit vain, and in a way glad that in 1998 we set the bar so high that it was hard to even contemplate, let alone jump over it". And the last time it played in the final four was 20 years ago, in 1998.
HNS also said that Vukojevic and Vida apologised for their statements, saying they were not meant to be political messages but "unfortunately left room for such interpretations". If they lose, they at least can take pride in making it farther along in the tournament than their country has been for multiple decades. But once you're here and played as well as we did, you want to take those opportunities in life.
Parv Moondi, 49, form Norwich, was also among those trudging out of the Luzhniki and back to central Moscow.
Before you lock in your 2018 World Cup picks for France vs. Croatia, you need to see what European football expert David Sumpter has to say. This shows character and is what makes me proud.
"This was the dream, we could've made it, we could have done it".
"I've been to lots of failures and I thought this was the time". We have two days to prepare. It's going to be a really hard task. "I think France will win the title".
Many fans had tears in their eyes and were too upset to talk after the final whistle - but other pockets of the crowd hid their sadness to applaud the Three Lions.
- Gareth Southgate's England should change nothing, says Steph Houghton
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit: Trump urges members urged to double defence spending
- 'There are worries ahead': Experts react to Bank of Canada's rate hike
- Roger Federer vs Kevin Anderson, Wimbledon 2018
- England are ready to write their own history
- Zverev battles past Fritz into Wimbledon's 3rd round
- Pence Cheers 'Pro-Life Administration' While Dodging Q's On Kavanaugh
- Compensation sought for Australians caught up in Facebook privacy breach
- Departing Apple engineer stole autonomous auto tech
- Davido pays tribute to late pal at London music Festival