"We needed Churchill, but we got Iain Duncan-Smith", an unnamed defender, later identified as Southgate, was quoted as saying in a 2004 book by Joe Lovejoy.
"We've been one of the youngest teams in the tournament, the least experienced, but we were never quite sure how far this team could go", said Southgate.
"We've won after scoring in the last minute, won after conceding in the last minute, come through extra time and penalties. Now I want to go and see what's going on in Russian Federation", said one fan, Michael Roberts, 27, as he waited for his flight. Wednesday evening is a huge opportunity for our boys to do what many of us thought was impossible before the World Cup began and reach the Final.
Gareth Southgate's Three Lions meet Croatia at Luzhniki Stadium for the right to take on France in the final, after their 1-0 victory over Belgium on Tuesday.
But British Airways, which has seen a 700 percent increase in searches for flights to Russian Federation on its website since England's penalty shootout win over Colombia last week, has now released hundreds more seats on Moscow flights by using bigger planes.
"Whether we win or lose, we're creating history", he said.
Speaking to Yahoo Sport, the former Germany global was glowing in his praise of Southgate's side, who will take on Croatia in a World Cup semi-final on Wednesday night. "As every game's gone on they have got better and better".
He said: "I'm not surprised that Croatia have identified Raheem as a key player".
"I think there'll be a bit of nerves as the day comes but a bit of excitement as well because you know you've always dreamed of playing in a World Cup final".
"We shouldn't be surprised Croatia is in the last four", added Dalic, whose side are 20th in the world rankings - eight places below England.
- Pence Cheers 'Pro-Life Administration' While Dodging Q's On Kavanaugh
- China vows to fight back as the trade war escalates
- Putin and Netanyahu meet for Syria-focused talks in Moscow
- Israeli Honeymooner Killed, New Wife Severely Injured In Zip-Line Tragedy
- Roger Federer vs Kevin Anderson, Wimbledon 2018
- BMW agrees US$4.7b contract with China’s CATL for battery cells
- Caroline Flack and Andrew Brady have split up
- Palestinians to keep paying prisoner stipend despite…
- Ontario woman accidentally steals auto from Walmart parking lot
- Judge orders Paul Manafort moved to suburban Washington jail