He was also the only African artist to take the stage. In his place, festival organizers say they are "working on something special that won't disappoint".
But all was forgiven when Khaled's collaborator Drake stepped onto the stage as the festival's surprise headlining performer. "I left vacation to be with each and every one of you at Wireless Fest", he told the crowd. On Sunday, however, it became clear that DJ Khaled would not be playing live at Finsbury Park in north London.
He's since posted a video from a pool and then a few hours after that the news came that he has cancelled his appearance at Wireless due to travel issues.
The BBC has reported that Drake's secret set had been planned prior to DJ Khaled's cancellation. "What a madness that will be", one fan tweeted. "No DJ Khaled. I really hope Drake shows up for you guys".
Davido is a global star whose music keeps breaking boundaries and his performance at the Wireless Festival in London over the weekend goes a long way to prove that.
He was on Sunday's line-up along with the likes of rappers Giggs and Rick Ross, and hip hop duo Rae Sremmurd.
American rapper Cardi B also pulled out of appearing at Wireless earlier this year when she revealed her pregnancy.
- Croatia plots 'football Brexit' as England FIFA World Cup semi looms
- Putin and Netanyahu meet for Syria-focused talks in Moscow
- Israeli Honeymooner Killed, New Wife Severely Injured In Zip-Line Tragedy
- Caroline Flack and Andrew Brady have split up
- England beat Sweden and Croatia defeat Russian Federation
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit: Trump urges members urged to double defence spending
- Henderson hopes to be fit for semi-finals
- Matt Le Tissier's plan for England to reach the World Cup final
- China vows to fight back as the trade war escalates
- Lovren ready for Kane test at World Cup