The nine-year-old Zsa Zsa came from a hardscrabble background, spending five years in a puppy mill in the U.S. state of Missouri and being sold at auction before she attained ugliest dog immortality. She won the title of World's Ugliest Dog just last month at the Sonoma Marin Fair.
The nine-year-old English Bulldog whose lolling tongue and crooked underbite made her the victor back in June died in her sleep, the post stated.
Recent updates from Brainard have shown Zsa Zsa being doted on by children - who also took on the job of brushing the dog's jutting teeth. "It's probably going to be the same with her passing".
"I picked Zsa Zsa up and took her outside and laid her down in the grass", she said.
Brainard found Zsa Zsa on a pet-finding website. "We were all saying our goodbyes". "She's been staying over at my dad's house", Brainard said in the report. He says she appeared fine the day before, so it was a shock.
Brainard and the rest of Zsa Zsa's family hosted a ceremony for her in their back yard to honor the pup.
"From the moment we saw her handsome face, we knew we would be her forever home", her owners said in a statement on the contest's website.
- LONDON FALLING: US Embassy Warns Americans of 'VIOLENT' PROTESTS During Trump Visit
- Croatia play down fatigue fears as they eye England scalp
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Share Steamy Kisses in NYC
- Damian Lillard: WNBA Players Deserve Higher Pay
- Thai PM thanks people involved in cave rescue
- Jurgen Klopp sends Loris Karius Liverpool FC message
- England Have Been Warming Up With Rubber Chickens Ahead Of Croatia
- Thibaut Courtois speaks out on Real Madrid link after Belgium beat Japan
- Prince Louis makes first appearance with siblings at christening
- JetBlue crew rescues dog in distress with oxygen mask