"Real Madrid has conquered my heart, and that of my family, and that is why more than ever I want to say thank you". According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Ronaldo's Juventus debut could come in the MLS All-Star Game on August 1 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Should the deal for Ronaldo be finalized, Juventus, who have won the last seven Serie A titles in a row, will in all likelihood have to sell some of the prized assets.
The Portugal worldwide won four Champions Leagues and two La Liga titles, among nine other major honours, during his nine years at the Bernabeu.
Ronaldo, however, soured the celebrations immediately after the 3-1 win over Liverpool in the final in Kiev by indicating he had made a decision to leave, saying in a post-match interview "It was handsome to play for Real Madrid". The 13-time Champions League winners believe the Belgian striker is the one to fill Ronaldo's boots in Madrid next season.
Portuguese soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo is said to have signed with Juventus after club president Andrea Agnelli traveled to Greece on Tuesday to meet with him.
The Belgium worldwide has won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Europa League since his move to Chelsea FC from French side Lille in 2012.
"In addition to the titles he won, Cristiano Ronaldo has been an example of dedication, work, responsibility, talent and determination", Madrid added.
"I have reflected a lot and I know that the time has come for a new cycle". I am leaving but this shirt, this badge and the Santiago Bernabeu I will continue to feel as something that is mine wherever I go.
The signing broke the Serie A record, which Juventus set two years ago when it paid Napoli 90 million euros (then $99 million) for Gonzalo Higuain.
Additionally, the 33-year-old racked up an incredible scoring record with Real, setting in stone a tally of 451 goals in 438 games.
- Follow the World Cup semifinal between France and Belgium
- Illinois cop on desk duty after dispute over Puerto Rican shirt
- Thierry Henry's 'heart will be split' by World Cup semifinal
- Riyad Mahrez signs for Man City? Leaked photo suggests Leicester done deal
- Australian rangers trap big crocodile near tourist gorge
- Marco Asensio’s agent rules out a move to Liverpool for his client
- Four boys rescued from flooded Thai cave
- Supreme Court favours live-streaming of court proceedings, Centre concurs
- Eight boys brought safely out of flooded Thai caves in two days
- Justin Bieber confirms engagement, asked Hailey Baldwin's father for blessing first