The delays reportedly came from key members of the production not being satisfied with the script from original screenwriter David Koepp (Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull). Harrison Ford will return as Indiana Jones, and Steven Spielberg will direct, with Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall producing.
In related Disney release date announcements, the Mouse House has handed an 11 October 2019 release date to the Dwayne Johnson-starring Jungle Cruise, while Maleficent 2 will arrive on screens on 29 May 2020.
News broke a few weeks ago that the as-yet-untitled Indiana Jones 5 had been delayed and would not be ready in time for its scheduled July 2020 release date. "It's rare to have such a flawless combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn't be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven". Disney said in 2016 that it was going ahead with a fifth installment. His age has been a running theme in the films since an often-quoted exchange in the first movie, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in 1981. I know, I know, I should have told you to sit down before delivering such a stunner. That's because Spielberg is in pre-production on a reboot of West Side Story and even looking at directing The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara with Oscar victor Mark Rylance.
Ford's most recent movie appearances were in last year's "Blade Runner 2049" and "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" when he reprised his role as swash-buckling adventurer Han Solo. The film earned a total of $241 million at the domestic box office, on its way to a worldwide total of $758 million.
- Starbucks is ditching plastic straws
- Supreme Court favours live-streaming of court proceedings, Centre concurs
- These are the semi-final matchups at the FIFA World Cup (SCHEDULE)
- Riyad Mahrez signs for Man City? Leaked photo suggests Leicester done deal
- Giant Diaper-Clad ‘Trump Baby’ Blimp Now Set for a World Tour
- Australian rangers trap big crocodile near tourist gorge
- Polar fitness app exposed location of soldiers and government agents
- African players in France's World Cup team
- Umtiti header sends streetwise France into World Cup final
- Eight boys brought safely out of flooded Thai caves in two days