While Sadiq isn't keen to sing his own praises he confesses he has been likened to former Arsenal and Nigeria striker Kanu in his style of play.
The 21-year-old - Steven Gerrard's ninth summer signing - impressed for NAC Breda last season, scoring five goals in 12 matches for the Dutch outfit.
Umar Sadiq has featured on the rumour mill for Rangers for a while now and earlier this evening he became our second signing of the day as joined on loan from Roma. "To date, he has netted twice in six senior appearances for his parent club Roma, after breaking into the first team aged just 18".
Nigerian forward Sadiq began his career in his homeland before joining Spezia in Italy's Serie B.
New signing Lassana Coulibaly was anxious he was the victim of a prank call when Rangers boss Steven Gerrard phoned to discuss a move to Ibrox. Even if the plan was to stay at Roma I couldn't turn him down.
"In football you never know what is going to happen but hard work pays and with the work I am going to do here I think I will be successful".
He follows the signings of centre-backs Connor Goldson and Nikola Katic, right-back Jon Flanagan, wingers Jamie Murphy and Scott Arfield, goalkeeper Allan McGregor and midfielder Ovie Ejaria (loan).
"It is hard to say whether it will be done before the first leg [of Europa League qualifying on Thursday], but we will be doing more business".
"Rangers is a good team, I'd heard the name before Gerrard came in here".
Speaking to RangersTV Sadiq - whose deal is subject to worldwide clearance and who claimed that, "in Nigeria I am compared to the legend Kanu and Emmanuel Adebayor" - said: "It is very good to be here, it has been good so far and I can't wait to start".
- Turkey sacks 18,500 officers, soldiers and academics in coup crackdown
- Susan Collins Says Brett Kavanaugh Is 'Clearly' Qualified For Supreme Court
- Meghan and Harry Help Honor Royal Air Force
- All of Drake's Key Hot 100 Records
- Sophie Gradon’s BF Aaron Armstrong Dead 3 Weeks After Reality Star’s Death
- France Team, Predicted Playing XI vs Belgium
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation to reinforce Russia's threat in talks with Trump, Trudeau says
- Martinez: France's Henry is missing ingredient for Belgium
- Trump Supreme Court Announcement
- UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson resigns amid Cabinet's deep divisions over Brexit