Tottenham have plenty of money to spend this summer and, after establishing himself as one of the world's top young centre-backs, Maguire suddenly looks very good value at £50 million.
However, ahead of England v Croatia tonight, I can't disagree this time.
Southgate's England take on Croatia in the semi-final in Moscow, having beaten Sweden 2-0 in the last eight in Samara.
However, former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has revealed that he was anxious about about how three England players would cope going into the tournament.
Croatia looked vulnerable from set-pieces against Russian Federation, conceding the equaliser in extra-time via a set-play, so this is an area England can exploit.
England have been rewriting history in Russian Federation, and Southgate is hoping there will be more to come as they play their most important World Cup game since losing to West Germany on penalties in the semi-finals of Italia '90.
Stan Chattersley, who has lived in Bournemouth for 15 years, admitted he would not be supporting England. It's a tough one but I've got to go with my roots and support the Croatian boys.
"It was the book which never was but it's wonderful to think that we're here now and he's taken England to the semi-finals".
He said: "This team is nowhere near the level they're going to be capable of, partly because of their age, but also because they'll have more big-match experiences over the next few years with their clubs and with us".
"We've won after scoring in the last minute, won after conceding in the last minute, come through extra time and penalties".
He said he that England would reach the final and that he expected the atmosphere in Croatia to be electric. They'll have to be hugely proud of the team and they must think that they can beat us. "I think it's going to be incredibly loud in any bar we end up going to for the match".
- Iran warns India of curtailing special privileges if oil imports reduced
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Share Steamy Kisses in NYC
- Croatia 'stopped Messi' so can cope with Kane - Dalic
- Harry and Meghan due in Dublin for two-day visit
- England Have Been Warming Up With Rubber Chickens Ahead Of Croatia
- Your Guide To Buying DJI Drones In Singapore (Complete With Price Comparisons)
- Kylie Jenner addresses her 'insecurities' on daughter Stormi's lips
- Babies Given Solid Foods Sooner May Sleep Better, Study Shows
- World's Ugliest Dog Zsa Zsa Passes Away
- Golf roundup: Na takes 5-stroke win at Greenbrier