Not long after President Donald Trump nominated Federal Appeals Court Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court, protesters, along with a handful of Democratic senators, gathered in front of the Supreme Court vowing to block the nomination.
But the bigger unknown is now centered around Kavanaugh's so far undisclosed position on abortion rights and the landmark Supreme Court decision in Roe vs. Wade.
Here's NARAL, declaring on Twitter that Kavanaugh would be "the fifth vote to overturn and gut Roe v. Wade, criminalize abortion and punish women".
Vanderbilt Law professor Brian Fitzpatrick doesn't adhere to that thinking. "Congressional Democrats are not pointing out the fact that even if Roe vs. Wade was overturned, it would not automatically ban abortions across the country, although that's the way they're framing it".
Kavanaugh, left, President Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court, and Vice President Pence at the Capitol on Tuesday.
He not only is a Constitutional Law expert, but Fitzpatrick also knows the thinking of a Supreme Court Justice. Cleveland served almost 25 years as a permanent law clerk to a federal appellate judge and is a former full-time faculty member and current adjunct instructor at the college of business at the University of Notre Dame.
Pence said that Kavanaugh had 12 opinions that were later adopted by the Supreme Court, and rebuffed Schumer and his Empire State colleague Sen.
"What we don't want is to have people go to the courts with a specific objective or policy criteria".
Glenn is joined by Abby Johnsen, author of "The Walls are Talking" and CEO of And Then There Were None, a ministry to help abortion clinic workers leave the industry, to discuss the real future of Roe v. Wade.
In a separate interview on Fox News Channel, Pence said the White House was "very encouraged at the early response" to Kavanaugh and has "every confidence" that he will be confirmed.
- Putin and Netanyahu meet for Syria-focused talks in Moscow
- Dead-eyed Knox beats Fox in Irish Open playoff
- Cardi B Welcomes Baby Girl - Check Out Her Unique Name!
- Airbus Reveals Early Design Of Its Mars Rover
- Donte DiVincenzo has only $3.71 in his bank account
- Loss to Anderson brings a Wimbledon first for Federer
- Your Guide To Buying DJI Drones In Singapore (Complete With Price Comparisons)
- Matt Le Tissier's plan for England to reach the World Cup final
- Palestinians to keep paying prisoner stipend despite…
- Glenn Maxwell sparks Pakistan outrage after handshake snub of Sarfraz Ahmed