The film has been in development for some time, with Phoenix reportedly in talks for months.
There is no release date as yet, which is unusual for a comic book film, although all signs point to this being quite different from the current DC and Marvel offerings. In March, a report suggested that the film would follow the Joker as an '80s comedian, who turns to a life of crime after his stand-up career fails.
Martin Scorsese is no longer producing this version of the Joker as his dance card is full. Furthermore, it's also now confirmed that Joaquin Phoenix will be taking the lead role. "I wouldn't say... 'I won't do Westerns.' It depends on what it is". According to insiders, the Oscar-winner will not only will be back for the "Suicide Squad" sequel, Warner Bros.is also developing his own standalone movie that will be separate from Phoenix's Joker project. If you have the ability to transcend the genre, then that's what you want to do.
Upcoming DC Extended Universe films include Aquaman on December 21st, Shazam on April 5, 2019, and Wonder Woman 2 on November 1, 2019.
- New Samsung Galaxy S10 'Leak' Reveals Possible CPU And GPU
- Google Pay is finally getting support for boarding passes and event tickets
- France Team, Predicted Playing XI vs Belgium
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation to reinforce Russia's threat in talks with Trump, Trudeau says
- Meghan and Harry Help Honor Royal Air Force
- Treacherous Thai cave rescue bid enters day two
- PGA Tour to bring tournament to Detroit Golf Club in June 2019
- Trump administration halts billions in insurance payments under Obamacare
- UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson resigns amid Cabinet's deep divisions over Brexit
- Trump Supreme Court Announcement