Croatia's coach Zlatko Dalic attends a training session at the Adler training ground in Sochi on July 5, 2018, ahead of the Russian Federation 2018 FIFA World Cup quarter final football match between Russian Federation and Croatia.
Such efficiency has so far been missing from his game at the World Cup, with a moment of indecision spoiling a clear-cut chance in the 2-0 quarter-final win over Sweden.
Having failed to score in an England shirt for almost three years, Sterling has been strongly criticised by supporters and some pundits, with the BBC's fan-driven player-rater tool repeatedly giving him the lowest mark on the team. "I think he has been fantastic, his consistency has been incredible and I think he fully deserves it".
"I think Raheem Sterling is an important player because he is really fast and his combination with Harry Kane is really unsafe".
He said on Twitter: "Today, I want to thank all that have and continue to support England as a team, this has helped us achieve what can only be described as a dream!"
Eric Dier believes there should be no debate about the displays Sterling has put in.
England survived a penalty shootout against Colombia in the last 16 whereas Croatia emerged through extra-time and spot-kicks against Denmark before going through the same ordeal again against Russian Federation in Saturday's quarter-final.
Gareth Southgate's men have reached the country's first semi-final at the tournament since 1990 as the team attempt to emulate the all-conquering side of 1966.
"But we are looking forward to a different style of game against England because they like to play attacking football".
"Our league is not so strong but if we had England's money, who knows where we would be".
- All of Drake's Key Hot 100 Records
- Tropical Storm Chris approaches hurricane status
- Kylie Jenner Reveals She ''Got Rid'' of Her Famous Lip Fillers
- Sophie Gradon’s BF Aaron Armstrong Dead 3 Weeks After Reality Star’s Death
- France Team, Predicted Playing XI vs Belgium
- UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson resigns amid Cabinet's deep divisions over Brexit
- Treacherous Thai cave rescue bid enters day two
- Trump Supreme Court Announcement
- Donald Trump's China Tariffs Don't Apply to Ivanka
- Bugatti Chiron Divo lined up as downforce-honed variant