Irrespective of his Oscar-worthy antics at the World Cup, the 26-year-old Brazilian remains the most obvious and marketable replacement for Ronaldo at Real Madrid, and while the club have denied their interest, another chance to infuriate rivals Barcelona could prove too good to pass up.
Reports linking the 33-year-old with a €100 million (A$158 million) switch to Turin have intensified with the move looking all but imminent.
"I only have feelings of huge thanks for this club, for the fans and for this city", he said.
"However, I believe that the time has come to start a new chapter in my career, therefore I have submitted a transfer request to the club".
Convincing PSG to sell one of those two will likely be as hard as convincing Chelsea to part with Hazard, but Les Parisiens' ongoing issues with financial fair play should give Real and advantage―and the Blues as well.
The multiple Ballon d'Or victor made noises to the effect that he may leave Real Madrid after nine years, following their third successive Champions League win in May.
Now Juventus will be hoping that he can maintain his ruthlessness in front of goal for a few more years and finally help them end an agonising wait to become European champions for the first time since 1996, despite a prolonged period of domestic success.
Ronaldo also scored twice in the 2016 final as Real downed Juve 4-1 in Cardiff.
"For now, it's the World Cup".
"I have enjoyed nine wonderful years at the club. Zidane is someone special, it's true, but I think Real is everyone's dream", he said.
The reigning Ballon d'Or victor is also reportedly set to complete his medical at Vinovo at the start of next week.
- Bugatti Chiron Divo lined up as downforce-honed variant
- UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson resigns amid Cabinet's deep divisions over Brexit
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive in Ireland on first worldwide trip
- Harry Kane's Norfolk uncle proudly watches the England captain in action
- Susan Collins Says Brett Kavanaugh Is 'Clearly' Qualified For Supreme Court
- Trump Supreme Court Announcement
- ANP leader Haroon Bilour among 12 killed in Peshawar blast, police say
- 'Sharp Objects' star Amy Adams joins Reese Witherspoon admiration club
- Donald Trump's China Tariffs Don't Apply to Ivanka
- Polar fitness app exposed location of soldiers and government agents