Real Madrid have confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo will leave the club to join Juventus. He has won five Ballons d'Or - the most prestigious individual trophy in world soccer - and is arguably the greatest player in the history of the sport. Ronaldo and Real Madrid ended Juventus' Champions League hopes in each of the past two seasons, including in the 2017 final, when he scored twice in a 4-1 victory. "I only have feelings of enormous gratitude for this club, for the fans and for the city". I can only give thanks to all of them for the love and affection that I have received.
I think the time has come to open a new stage in my life and that's why I asked the club to accept my transfer.
The Portugal worldwide won four Champions Leagues and two La Liga titles, among nine other major honours, during his nine years at the Bernabeu.
"Real Madrid would like to communicate that we have listened to the wish and request expressed by player Cristiano Ronaldo and have agreed to his transfer to Juventus FC", the Champions League holders said in a statement.
Ronaldo reportedly is set to join Juventus on a four-year contract.
"Beyond the titles conquered, the trophies achieved and the triumphs achieved in the playing fields during these nine years, Cristiano Ronaldo has been an example of dedication, work, responsibility, talent and improvement".
"Thanks to all and, of course, as I said that first time in our stadium nine years ago, 'Hala Madrid!'".
The Italian was also asked if he was bothered about the fact that his former club signed Ronaldo right after his departure.
I have thought a lot and I know that the moment has come for a new cycle. "The shirt, the club badge and the Santiago Bernabeu will always feel like mine".
He spent six seasons in England, winning three Premier League titles, one Champions League title and one FA Cup.
He has since gone on to score 126 more times for the club, while his 85 strikes for Portgual make him his country's all-time leading goalscorer.
Ronaldo led Portugal to a Euro win in 2016, but flamed out of the 2018 World Cup in the Round of 16 with a loss to Uruguay.
- Martinez: France's Henry is missing ingredient for Belgium
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive in Ireland on first worldwide trip
- Donald Trump's China Tariffs Don't Apply to Ivanka
- Incredible operation in pictures: All 12 boys, coach rescued from Thailand cave
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation to reinforce Russia's threat in talks with Trump, Trudeau says
- These are the semi-final matchups at the FIFA World Cup (SCHEDULE)
- Kylie Jenner Reveals She ''Got Rid'' of Her Famous Lip Fillers
- Fans welcome Brazil team with stones after crashing out of World Cup
- Bugatti Chiron Divo lined up as downforce-honed variant
- France Team, Predicted Playing XI vs Belgium