Trump claimed Kimmel waited outside the El Capitan Entertainment Centre in Hollywood to welcome him when he was a guest on the show in 2016. "Including you, I do it for nobody".
Kimmel told his audience that while in the Montana wilderness, he was alerted that Trump attacked him but didn't hear what was said until he got back home. "I do it for nobody", Kimmel replied. "'Oh here he comes, Donald Trump.' He opens my door".
"None of that actually happened", Kimmel said before mocking the clip of Trump calling himself a "guy with potential". "It's a amusing thing", he continued.
That part, Kimmel said, is true. "All of a sudden you're like, 'Wait, no, he's lying!'" These comments, Kimmel says, are false. I like to greet the guests on the stage. "I feel dumb saying hello to them and then saying hello again 10 minutes later".
He even sent a camera to the street to give his viewers a picture of what Hollywood Blvd. looks like directly outside the studio, and it's busy, full of tourists and street performers ready to swarm a famous face.
'Do you think the secret service would let the Republican nominee for president come in this way?' he said with a laugh.
Jimmy was deep in the Montana wilderness on vacation when Donald Trump took aim at him during a rally by telling a very freaky lie about his experience at the show.
Here's how Kimmel remembers that meeting with Trump: "Donald Trump showed up one night outside our show banging on the backstage door". It was 2007, ' he said.
But unfortunately, there was someone in the bathroom.
- EgyptAir flight MS804: French investigators says fire likely cause
- Arsenal sign Uruguay World Cup star Torreira
- Queen and Prince Philip to miss Prince Louis’ christening
- Pride organisers say sorry after anti-trans group leads march
- Angus Gunn close to joining Southampton from Man City
- Real Madrid excited by Courtois' desire to return to the Spanish capital
- New weapon against drivers using mobile phones launched in Norfolk
- Taapsee Pannu: Disturbing to see Muslims being targeted in India
- Cristiano Ronaldo has joined Juventus from Real Madrid
- Giant crocodile captured in Australia to stop it going to town