Highlights from the quarterfinal match at Wimbledon 2018 between Angelique Kerber and Daria Kasatkina. She'll play Jelena Ostapenko in the semi-finals on Thursday.
Kerber and Kasatkina turned in what may well have been the best match of the tournament, and it all boiled down to the last game.
In among all the fun was one 25-shot rally in which Kasatkina fell over, got back to her feet in time to meet the next shot and then win the point with a stunning drop shot.
Still, Kerber had some trouble closing things out.
Ostapenko was the aggressor throughout, hitting 33 winners to Cibulkova's six, but also hitting 28 unforced errors to 13 for her opponent. Ostapenko's powerful returns kept momentum on her side for most of the match. The 2017 French Open victor had 33 winners against just six for Cibulkova, and finished with five break points.
Both players struggled to deal with the wind at times when serving, having to interrupt their ball-toss motion on several occasions in the second set.
Later, Serena Williams resumed her quest for an eighth Wimbledon title when she played 52nd-ranked Camila Giorgi of Italy.
In the women's quarter-final on No1 Court, Ostapenko defeated Dominika Cibulkova in another match dominated by breaks of serve. She had set points.
- EgyptAir flight MS804: French investigators says fire likely cause
- Roaring Lion downs arch rival in three-year-olds' Eclipse
- Trump Zings NATO, and EU Chief Zings Back
- Heart Meds Recalled In UK, EU, For Possible Cancer Link
- Queen and Prince Philip to miss Prince Louis’ christening
- Buffon: Matuidi big influence on PSG move
- Marco Asensio’s agent rules out a move to Liverpool for his client
- Watch as Jimmy Kimmel one-ups Trump after Trump lied about Kimmel
- Justin Bieber confirms engagement, asked Hailey Baldwin's father for blessing first
- Kings reportedly preparing offer sheet for Marcus Smart