In a nutshell, iPhone users have found that the iOS 11.4 update is drastically reducing their battery life. Camera issues and battery drain problems stemming from iOS 11.4 have been patched in the update.
The Restricted Mode for the USB data connection that runs over the Lightning plug on iPhones and iPads is part of the iOS 11.4.1 update released by Apple a few hours ago. However, Apple had not released the details on its security page at the time of this posting, but expect them to appear sometime soon.
Even if forensic engineers are able to stop the device they're trying to break into from entering USB Restricted Mode, Elcomsoft noted that since iOS 11.4, cracking devices such as Grayshift's GrayKey are limited to just one passcode guess per ten minutes. It's off by default.
Unlock iPhone to allow USB accessories to connect when it has been more than an hour since your iPhone was unlocked.
At first we thought we would have to wait until iOS 12 this fall to see this feature, but here it is.
However, if you aren't actually happy with the release, and you want to go back to an earlier version of iOS, then be aware that Apple is now only signing iOS 11.4, which means that you will only be able to downgrade to iOS 11.4. The watchOS update notes simply state that 4.3.2 "includes improvements and bug fixes". There's precious little question at this point that iOS 11 has been Apple's most problematic mobile software release in many years. If you have taken the opportunity to upgrade your compatible device to iOS 11.4.1 and immediately regret that decision for one reason or another, then it is possible to downgrade the firmware.
- Google Store summer sale serves up Pixel 2 XL, Home discounts
- Dalic: Croatia will have enough energy for England
- Ghanaians react to Russia's shootout defeat to Croatia
- Prince Louis of Cambridge in pictures
- IHOB was faking it - it’s back to pancakes for IHOP
- Chelsea reportedly remain in active contact over Seri deal
- J.B. Smoove Joins Cast Of "Spider-Man: Far From Home"
- Croatia identify England danger man for semi-final
- MI auto racing highlights - from Daytona to Kalamazoo
- Theresa May defends Brexit plan after Cabinet departures