This follows previous delays for Fortnite fans during past season crossovers.
A torrent of teasers has been released in-game this week, suggesting that the Season 5 theme will be based around historical time periods.
So while Fortnite fans have a few extra days to complete their tiers, Season 4 will finish on Wednesday, July 11.
It seems inevitable that Fortnite's map will undergo a major overhaul as we switch from Season 4 to Season 5 as numerous hints and cryptic clues are being discovered on a daily basis.
Without a doubt, Epic Games' decision to do some guerrilla marketing across the globe for Fortnite is the company's way of promoting Season 5 of the game, which is set to go live not too much longer from now.
The Fortnite Worlds Collide event will happen on July 12. Now, the time has come for Epic Games to take the odd rift events one step further, although the changes have not been unveiled yet.
Season 5 will start at 9am BST, which is 4am eastern time and 1am Pacific time.
It expected that the season 5 battle pass will remain priced at around 950 V-Bucks, with the season 4 pass still available to anyone who wants to unlock its cosmetics.
A few days later, however, Reddit user "eversoris86" (on the game's official subreddit) posted a photo of one of Fortnite's signature Loot Llamas out inside a phone booth in London.
The in-game updates message confirmed that Season 5 begins in "3 days" on July 9th.
During Season 4, an in-game missile launch caused random objects to show up, such as a carriage from the Old West or the Durr Burger statue from Greasy Grove, but these rifts also cause the removal of some parts of the map. The first was a Durr Burger in the Californian desert, but now multiple cities in Europe have seen giant plastic llamas turning up in phone boxes.
- Matt Hancock changes Government role, exits radio
- Owning an iPhone is the best indicator of wealth, claims research
- YouTube aims to crack down on fake news
- Feds on track to reunite 54 of 102 illegal immigrant families
- Federal judge denies Trump administration request to detain immigrant children
- NASA's Kepler Telescope almost out of fuel, forced to nap
- Eight boys rescued from Thai cave in good mental, physical state
- Guitar man Kevin Anderson wants rhythm not blues against Roger Federer
- George Clooney released after motorcycle crash in Italy
- Singer Justin Bieber engaged to model Hailey Baldwin