Although Mbappe was already widely regarded by scouts and managers as the outstanding teenage talent in Europe when Monaco knocked De Bruyne's Manchester City out of the Champions League a year ago, the Belgian admitted that he had no knowledge of a player who would move that summer to Paris St-Germain.
And the Belgium admits Mbappe's performance took him by surprise, because he'd never heard of the teenager before facing him on the pitch. Kevin de Bruyne who played the false number 9 role with great effect in a 2-1 win over Brazil will be among influential players for the Devils.
The French delegation also includes Minister of Sports Laura Flessel-Colovic and the renowned French football player, Jean-Pierre Papin. The quarterfinals witnessed the ouster of Uruguay, Brazil, Russia and Sweden.
While other players have kept up a steady mantra of taking the tournament one game at a time, the 32-year-old made clear his vista was firmly focused on the final at Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium. The two sides will meet on Tuesday to decide who plays in July 15's World Cup final. "For us, to finally be able to knock out a formidable opponent is because of the experience we've picked up at previous tournaments and also the development of our players at their clubs", he said.
"It has been a few years since he said what he said about me". 'If Mbappe was watching videos of me when he was younger, now it's me watching videos of him. In modern football, we have never seen that, ' the Chelsea winger added.
- Heart Meds Recalled In UK, EU, For Possible Cancer Link
- Angus Gunn close to joining Southampton from Man City
- Thierry Henry's 'heart will be split' by World Cup semifinal
- China's Nobel winner's widow Liu Xia leaves Beijing for Germany
- James McClean 'refuses to attend' West Brom's preseason training camp
- Daylight meteor spotted streaking across central US
- France take on Belgium for a place in the final
- Real Madrid agree to transfer Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus
- Kenedy set to complete Newcastle move
- Supreme court nominee: Trump to announce Kennedy replacement