Chris is not expected to move over the next two or three days as it develops into a hurricane and there are no coastal warnings or watches in affect, according to the NHC.
As some East Coast residents gear up for Tropical Storm Chris, New Englanders can rest easy knowing the storm will avoid the area, forecasters said.
A third named Atlantic storm that formed off the North Carolina coast early on Sunday was forecast to become a hurricane on Monday, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said, while Tropical Storm Beryl looked set to threaten Puerto Rico.
It might reach Nova Scotia by Thursday, although Environment Canada notes forecasters are still unsure about the storm's projected track and the system's intensity.
The storm was expected to strengthen to a hurricane by about 8 a.m. on Monday.
Buttrick said local impacts may include building seas and an increased risk for rip currents, but strong winds and rainfall won't be a concern.
A disorganized Tropical Storm Beryl was closing in on the chain of islands that form the outer perimeter of the Caribbean, where it was expected to bring tropical storm conditions to the islands of Guadeloupe and Dominica on Sunday night.
Gradual weakening is anticipated during the next 36 hours, and Beryl is forecast to degenerate into a trough of low pressure as it moves across the Lesser Antilles and into the eastern Caribbean Sea by Monday. It has been a mostly stationary storm so far, sustaining maximum wind speeds close to 45 miles per hour, but is expected to remain "well offshore" of the USA coast.
- Liverpool fans spot another embarrassing Karius moment in warmup vs Chester
- Bourdain leaves bulk estate to 11-year-old daughter
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation chief: Germany must increase defense spending
- Bethesda: service-based games like Fallout 76 don’t mark the future
- Britain's Johnson robustly opposed PM's Brexit plan, reports say
- Arsenal in talks with France U20 midfielder Matteo Guendouzi
- Ten dead and dozens injured as train derails in Turkey
- Rudy Giuliani says Michael Cohen should cooperate with federal investigators
- Wilshere Holds West Ham Talks After Arsenal Exit
- Harry Maguire scores for England with header as fans crack SAME joke