Azad complained of uneasiness in the morning and he was rushed to Wockhardt Hospital in Mira Road, where he was declared brought dead at 12:10 pmon Monday.
According to reports, Kavi Kumar was unwell since the past few days. "We are very sad to inform the loss of our senior actor Kavi Kumar Azad". The actor passed away on Monday morning, July 9, due to a cardiac arrest. "We lost him to a massive cardiac arrest today morning", the statement reads. Calling him an fantastic actor and a very positive person, Asit Kumarr stated that Kavi Kumar loved the show and always came for the shoot even if he wasn't feeling well. "We are all too numb to say anything", added Modi.
Apart from appearing in the small screen, Azad has also worked in a couple of films like Mela starring Aamir Khan and Twinkle Khanna in lead roles and Funtoosh in a comic avatar. The shoot of the show at Film City has been cancelled after the team learnt of this shocking news.
The TV series is believed to be India's longest running sitcom. On June 28 this year, the cast and crew celebrated not the end of 2500 episodes but a dream to complete 5000 episodes of the show.
The show is based on the column Duniya Ne Oondha Chashma written by columnist and journalist Taarak Mehta for Gujarati weekly magazine Chitralekha.
- Robin Wright on Kevin Spacey: 'I didn't know the man'
- Giuliani: No Reason for Trump to Consider Pardoning Cohen
- Brexit minister Davis steps down in big blow to May
- Knox drains monster birdie putt to win Irish Open in playoff
- European Dogs Devastated Indigenous American Pup Populations
- West Ham United confirm Jack Wilshere deal
- To-Play Shooter Warframe Announced For Switch: Panic Button Porting
- Brexit BOMBSHELL: David Davis explains HOW resignation will STOP May making concessions
- China cancels US soybean purchases as trade war takes hold
- Oil markets volatile as trade conflict between U.S. and China escalates