Duterte on Friday night said that if anyone can provide proof that the Christian God exists, such as a selfie in heaven, he will immediately give up the presidency. I never said I do not believe in God.
"By the way, I believe in one Supreme God".
"And if there is anyone of you there, the noisy ones, who would say that you have been to heaven, talked to (sic) God, saw him personally, and that He exists, the God that is yours, and if [what] He does is true, I will step down [from] the presidency tonight", he added. I'm not a prognostic and I'm not an atheist.
"Therefore, despite threats of attacks, we continue to do so, fully aware that the Gospel liberates both audience and preacher", said Baylon and his diocese's priests said. "I just happen to be a human being believing there is a universal mind somewhere which controls the universe", he said during the opening of the National Science and Technology Week in Davao City Friday.
"Where is the logic of God there?"
A town mayor from Luzon who supported Duterte during his campaign has also expressed disapproval of the president's attacks on the church.
Recently, Duterte received rants from netizens after he issued a statement in one of his speeches that "God is stupid".
Duterte, however, stressed he believed in the supremacy of God who created the universe. "This son of a bitch is then really stupid", Duterte said.
"You weren't born yet, but now you have original sin". What kind of a religion is that?
Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV, one of the President's archcritics, shot back at the President by describing him as "one evil man" and his remarks as "very much consistent with the deceitfulness, heartlessness and ruthlessness of his policies".
Duterte's spokesperson defended the president's comments by stating that they are only his personal views and explaining that Duterte may feel this way because of the abuse he endured at the hands of a priest when he was a boy, the BBC reported. Filipino bishops opened an annual conference in Manila Saturday and were expected to address Duterte's tirades when they conclude their meeting on Monday.
- Bethesda: service-based games like Fallout 76 don’t mark the future
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation chief: Germany must increase defense spending
- Reports Say First Two Boys Brought Out of Cave
- England fans 'dare to dream' after win over Sweden
- A man got stuck in tarmac because it's so hot out
- What Joe Hart Was Doing While England Beat Sweden In Quarter Final
- June Sees Employment Rates Increase 213000
- Harry Maguire scores for England with header as fans crack SAME joke
- Rudy Giuliani says Michael Cohen should cooperate with federal investigators
- Thunder just trying to figure out how to get rid of Carmelo