Players expected the "Summer Style" Pikachu, which dons both a straw hat and sunglasses, to appear at 4 PM ET (the standard start time for Pokemon Go events), but the new Pikachu instead popped up around 1 PM ET.
Celebrate Pokémon GO's Second Anniversary with Pikachu! The company announced in a blog post that starting tomorrow and running through the end of the month, there will be a few changes to the Pokémon GO app in commemoration... First, series mascot Pikachu and its pre-evolved form, Pichu, will appear much more frequently from July 6-31, and players will even have a chance to catch a special version of the Electric mouse for a limited time.
In celebration of the game's two year anniversary, this Summer Style Pikachu will be available until July 31st.
If that's not enough Pikachu for you, a selection of Pikachu Fan Avatar items will be available in the store. On top of that, Pikachu Fan Avatar items will be available for purchase.
At long last, numerous most highly anticipated features for Pokemon Go are finally becoming a reality.
Finally, Special Research on Celebi will be available in the near future.
"We've heard so many awesome stories from Trainers, and we can't wait for what's on the horizon", said Niantic. But while we wait for player vs. player battles - which might be the next major addition - Niantic wants us to celebrate the game's second anniversary.
- Croatia ends Russia's run, advances to World Cup semifinals
- Jaguar Land Rover Says 40,000 Jobs At Risk From Bad Brexit Deal
- Pregnant Pippa Middleton looks elegant in white at Wimbledon
- Joshua lines up Wembley for fights in September and April
- Gove says Brexit plan is a realistic compromise
- Sacha Baron Cohen in Talks for New Comedy Interview Series
- Belgium's Romalu Lukaku: My game is about more than scoring goals
- European Parliament Rejects Copyright Reforms
- Man wanted over Sydney teenagers' shooting found dead
- Pompeo says progress made with North Korea amid denuclearisation talks