The moon will rise at 6:05 p.m. on July 27 and will set at 5:44 a.m. on July 28.
Both the ESA's current Lunar Agenda and the agency's strategy regarding lunar exploration are robust, and it will be exciting to follow what they have in mind.
Lunar eclipses occur when the sun, Earth and the moon line up casting the earth's shadow on the moon.
Only those in the Eastern Hemisphere will be able to view the upcoming event, with people in Europe, Africa and Asia getting the best seats for the lunar show.
What causes a long-lasting total lunar eclipse?
That's why a total lunar eclipse of a full moon that is at or near lunar apogee lasts longer.
Coincidentally, Planet Mars will be the closest it has been to Earth in 15 years on the same night.
Meanwhile, there is a twist: the expected astronomical event has reignited the blood moon prophecy. Mars will appear about 10 times brighter than usual, with peak brightness occurring on July 31. Two partial solar eclipses will take place on 12 July and 11 August 2018. The Earth's atmosphere filters out most of the sun's blue light, so the moon looks red. The colours will depend on its path of passing through the shadow of the Earth.
The idea of a "blood moon" serving as an omen of the coming of the end times comes from the Book of Joel, where it is written "the sun will turn into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and bad day of the Lord comes".
After witnessing the Super Blue Moon eclipse, which was seen in January this year.Now on 27 July, people are going to witness new Super Blue Moon eclipse.
- US job growth strong; unemployment rate rises to 4 per cent
- Mom shot carjacker who tried to steal SUV with kids inside: cops
- Get ready for Idris Elba in the upcoming Fast and Furious spinoff
- Malaysian PM Mahathir to discuss China mega-projects on August visit
- Hispanic Unemployment Reaches Record Low, Media Praise Labor Force Rate
- Michael Buble he's got a baby girl on the way
- Hawaii To Ban Sale Of Sunscreens With Coral-Harming Chemicals
- Donald Trump Says North Korea Talks "Going Well", Lashes Critics
- Trump Tariffs Against China Take Effect
- Elon Musk Sends Team to Thailand to Help in Cave Rescue