That is bad news for any hope of signing him but it does give a boost to the notion that Nabil Fekir will indeed leave this transfer window.
Click through the gallery above to see Liverpool's highest-paid players, and what they earn weekly.
"Hello to Liverpool fans, I'm very happy to say I have signed a new contract with the club", Salah is quoted as saying by Liverpool FC's website.
He overtakes previous top earners Virgil van Dijk and Roberto Firmino, who both reportedly pocket £150 000 (R2.6 million) a week.
The gruelling process of pre-season is well underway for clubs up and down the country ahead of the 2018/19 campaign, with the Premier League giants Liverpool being no exception.
The 21-year-old attacker is a brother of the French global Nabil, who is now on worldwide duty in Russian Federation with Les Bleus.
'It's good. It's very, very good, ' Klopp said.
But the World Cup star is excited about Liverpool FC's potential after Salah committed to a new long-term deal at the Merseyside outfit.
'He's a fantastic person and a fantastic coach, so it's really important that we have him back and I'm really looking forward to working together with him'.
Do you think Salah can continue his red-hot form in the coming season?
- Shenmue Remasters Get Release Dates
- Rybarikova and Stephens stunned at Wimbledon
- Hosepipe ban being considered for Donegal
- All PlayStation Vue Multi-Channel Plans Will Increase By $5 Starting July 24
- An Englishman Abroad: the relief of watching England win a penalty shootout
- How to Watch Colombia vs England
- Katharine McPhee engaged to David Foster - KVOA | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona
- Asus Zenfone 5Z with Snapdragon 845 SoC, 6.2-inch notched display launched
- England end their penalty curse, beat Colombia in petulant game
- A Woman's Toenails Fell Off After a Fish Pedicure