And yep, that sounds like just the sort of story that should be told at your solo show.
On Wednesday, Best received some support from a key figure in the "Star Wars" galaxy: filmmaker, "Muppets" icon and Yoda actor/puppeteer Frank Oz. "I don't talk a lot about my experience as #jarjarbinks because a lot of it is very painful", the 44-year-old actor captioned a photo of himself and his son. "I had death threats through the internet", he said.
Binks, the friendly Gungan, made his debut in 1999's Episode 1, The Phantom Menace, witha smaller role in Attack of the Clones, and a brief cameo in Revenge of the Sith.
He continued: "I faced a media backlash that still affects my career today".
Not only is it hard to hear, but it's also deeply unfair and cruel to Best, since he didn't create the character. I was staring at the end of my career before it started... The actor recalled people coming up to him and accusing him and Jar Jar Binks of destroying their childhoods. "I survived and now this little guy is my gift for survival". As the frothing-at-the-mouth nerd culture debates about the merits (or lack thereof) of The Last Jedi continue, it's worth keeping in mind that numerous people involved with the franchise are just artists out to do their best, and shouldn't be raked over the coals for committing the capital offense of not precisely matching an idea you had online about what a movie should have been.
Jar Jar Binks ended up making appearances in the first three Star Wars prequels, but Best says he has no plans to appear in any future Star Wars films.
Ahmed Best said the reaction to Jar Jar Binks was "painful".
Best's comments come amid soul-searching among those who enjoy "Star Wars" and other franchises over toxic elements among the fandom.
How do you feel about Jar Jar after all these years?
He went on to say there was "a lot of pain", but the negativity hit him harder than we ever realized.
"Lots of love to you Ahmed", Johnson tweeted. "I didn't get another chance after Jar Jar".
Sometimes, when you ask people to be kinder to artists, an eyeroll is the immediate response.
- Chelsea Preparing £62M Bid For Liverpool Target
- England beat Colombia on penalties to reach last eight
- Katharine McPhee engaged to David Foster - KVOA | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona
- All PlayStation Vue Multi-Channel Plans Will Increase By $5 Starting July 24
- Church Protests Family Separation By Putting Holy Family In Cage
- Thai rescuers locate missing boys and coach alive in cave
- How to Watch Colombia vs England
- Leading England is easy, says Kane
- In Supreme Court pick, Trump can push conservative social agenda
- Miles Teller to Play Goose’s Son in ‘Top Gun: Maverick’