Yerry Mina became Colombia's second most prolific goalscorer in World Cup history on Tuesday night with his third headed goal of the tournament against England.
I'll still be pacing the room and peeping through my fingers if the Sweden game goes down to the wire.
Captain Harry Kane was England's goalscoring hero at the Otkritie Arena with a second-half penalty to give his team a second-half lead, before goalkeeper Jordan Pickford's heroics in the shootout saw the England qualify for their first last-eight tie since 2006.
World Cup attendance by England fans remains low however, with just 2,225 in the stadium.
Colombia's stand-out player from the tournament will be Mina, whose headers earned him the nickname "Mina de Oro" or gold mine, after they carried Colombia to victories against Senegal and Poland in the group stage.
Will the Three Lions win a first knock-out match for 12 years? Eric dier scored the winning penalty despite a Jordan Henderson penalty miss thanks to Jordan Pickford's brilliant save.
"We did not deserve to lose, we have done more than England and the pity is that we could not decide [the game] before the penalties".
"This round is looking very nice for us - Sweden is the best chance and then hopefully Russian Federation get through and we play them in the semi-final".
Things were still equal after 30 minutes of extra time, leading to the one thing England fans dread the most, a penalty shoot out.
Jose Pekerman's side tried to ruffle England feathers at every opportunity, particularly when defending set pieces, though American referee Mark Geiger was on top of it and booked six Colombians. Once again, it went to penalties, and once again, England's tournament ended...
"We had total belief in what we were doing, right through to the end".
Southgate, who missed the deciding penalty in England's Euro 96 semi-final defeat to Germany, said the victory proves the value of preparation. Colombia are usually a team that plays with a smile on its face, but too often in this game it was a nasty scowl.
- Fresh grounds for coffee: Study shows it may boost longevity
- Reports of hidden N.Korea nuclear efforts raise questions in US
- Miles Teller to Play Goose’s Son in ‘Top Gun: Maverick’
- Washington Sundar and Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of T20I series against England
- Tina Turner's Oldest Son Dead at 59
- Church Protests Family Separation By Putting Holy Family In Cage
- Will Trump abandon WTO rules and adopt the US Fart Act?
- Russia defeats Spain in shootout at World Cup
- Octopus killed for food after correctly predicting 3 World Cup games
- Shenmue Remasters Get Release Dates